Photo by Jay Premack
SELECT MEDIA PUBLICATIONS
"Is Your Community Truly Innovative and Entrepreneurial? Measure Using a Five-Step Checklist," LinkedIn, February 23, 2017 (inspired by a San Diego startup conference)
"Dayton Manufacturers to America: We Need More Trained Workers," U.S. Department of Commerce blog, October 11, 2016
"Ballston Stall," Arlington Magazine, November/December 2012
"Media Folks Who Spread Venom Do So At Our Request," San Jose Mercury News, January 13, 2011
"5 Lessons on Creativity from Accomplished Creatives," The Loft Literary Center Writer's Block, December 10, 2014
“Why do the Arts Matter? STEAM Education,” ArtistThink, November 12, 2013
“Writing Scenes You Haven’t Seen,” Wordplay, June 21, 2013
“Knowing Your Blog Audience,” The Loft Literary Center Writer’s Block, June 14, 2013
“The Power of ‘I’ in Your Blog,” Tracking Wonder, September 20, 2012
Patrick Ross is a professional writer who has authored thousands of news articles, editorials, speeches, blog posts, and other professional works. He is also an accomplished award-winning creative writer.
He began his writing career as a journalist, winning nine journalism awards. He later launched an award-winning blog, The Artist's Road. Patrick's literary memoir, Committed: A Memoir of the Artist's Road, was published in October 2014 by Black Rose Writing. He is currently writing an urban fantasy novel.
A modest list of published works can be found below. Feel free to download his curriculum vitae to see a more comprehensive list.
SELECT WORKS OF CREATIVE WRITING
- "An Indefatigable Agenda," essay on the creation of the most valued and expensive printed work of the 17th Century, the Atlas Maior, in the literary journal Montreal Review, 2015
- "Committed: A Memoir of the Artist's Road," excerpt from my 2014 literary travel memoir, in the literary journal Hunger Mountain, 2015
- "September 12th," First Place Nonfiction Winner for the literary journal fwriction: review, essay on bonding with children after tragedy, 2012
- "The Truth About Spam," essay on honesty and deceipt set in the Hormel Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota, in the online literary journal clamp, 2012
- "The Upset Win," essay on life choices, in the literary journal Barely South Review, 2012 (not online)
- "Forest Foursome," First Place Winner in the Unplug and Reconnect writing contest, 2011
- "Oxygen," essay on parenting and creativity, in the literary blog Creative Flux, 2011
- "The Clear Monkey," essay on childhood and divorce, in the literary journal Shaking Like a Mountain and selected works compilation Shaking One, 2011 (not online)